To lose weight after c section is not a simple task. When you toss in a painful and sore abdomen and an indefinite recovery period, the goals of losing weight can start to become elusive. But it doesn’t have to be, and with the right attitude, diet, and exercise you can begin to realize your pre pregnancy body and weight sooner rather than later.
Can You Lose Weight After C Section?
While most women would like to experience the pleasures and triumph of an all natural, vaginal birth sometimes unexpected circumstances arise and a cesarean becomes essential to the well being and survival of both mother and baby. Although c-section procedures are often considered less painful than vaginal births, they are known for leaving unsightly scars on the abdomen and the evasive surgery makes it difficult for your stomach to go back completely to its pre-pregnancy form.
Regardless of all the downsides, there’s still a light at the end of the c-section tunnel and that light is weight loss. Women who want to lose weight after c section can still set and reach those goals. Below are five simple ways you can begin to lose that pregnancy weight and get your flat abs back.
Efficient Ways to Lose Weight After C Section
- Breastfeeding your baby is one of the most highly recommended activities that will help you lose weight. Not only is it beneficial for your baby, but doing so can aide in shrinking your uterus and the production of breast milk burns calories. If you’re unable to breastfeed but are still producing milk, pumping your milk can also give you a similar effect.
- Cleansing your diet of any unhealthy, unnatural, processed foods is will not only help you lose weight after c section, but it can improve your overall health as well. Stick to a clean diet of organic foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and oats, and lean meats. During this time you also don’t want to limit or decrease your regular calorie intake because the nutrients you take in are vital to your health and recovery as well as your baby’s if you’re breastfeeding.
- Drink a lot of water and eliminate caffeine, cokes, and sweet carbonated drinks from your diet completely to optimize and speed up your weight loss. The excess sugars and calories you drink will just slow down your progress.
- Start to slowly incorporate some for of exercise into your daily routine once you’ve gotten an OK from you physician. Some people concentrate on abdomen exercises to help strengthen their core area while others prefer more endurance and cardio based exercises such as walking. Do what you know you can handle without putting too much stress on your body.
- Be patient with your results and learn how to listen to your body. Never push it pass its limits, especially during your recovery period. You also never want to deprive your body of food during this critical stage. Eat well, exercise moderately, and keep striving until you reach your goal.
Doing these will help you lose that unwanted weight and poochy belly so you can start feeling like your old self again; physically, mentally and emotionally. C-sections can be life changing in more ways than one, but it’s up to you to keep those changes positive and affirming. Work consistently and diligently and you too can lose weight after c section.